The suspect in a brutal rape and attempted murder of a child at a playground in Sweden last week is a migrant from Africa who received a permanent residence permit just days prior to the attack, according to reports.
The horrifying incident unfolded during the afternoon of July 7 in Skellefteå, a city on the northeast coast of the Scandinavian country.
Police and medical services were summoned to a wooded area at the Morö Backe school at around 5:30 p.m. after a couple found a 9-year-old who had been the victim of an "assassination attempt," Fria Tider reports.
"We tried to bring her to life," Thomas Lindqvist told SVT.
Authorities quickly identified a possible suspect, indicating teenage boy may have been the perpetrator.
Initially, it was believed the suspect was a 13-year-old male who arrived in Sweden from Ethiopia with his sister and parents in 2017.
However, local prosecutor Andreas Nyberg has revealed there are suspicions the suspect, who is described as "big," may have lied about his age, and may have also carried out sex attacks against other girls and women in Sweden.
"It is the social security number that says that the person is under 15 years old, but there is information in the investigation that makes it possible to suspect that he is 15 years old and that is something we are investigating," prosector Lars Nyberg told Swedish media this week.
It has also come to light the suspect is known as a "ticking bomb" and "a wandering hand grenade" who has been moved around a variety of schools due to behavioral issues.
Shockingly, the suspect reportedly received a permanent residence permit on June 30, mere days before the barbaric assault.
"Should such a person be allowed to go unpunished? Should they remain in the country? Here we pay contributions to them, and then they come here and misbehave. It is completely inconceivable!" a local parent told Sam Nytt.
"I'm afraid it will be a cover up. And then that bastard goes free and is soon on to the next victim."
The 9-year-old victim spent the weekend in a medically-induced coma and has not yet shared her account of what happened, according to the latest available reports.
An investigation is ongoing.
The revolution will not be televised.
(PHOTO: Steffen Trumpf/picture alliance via Getty Images)